Thursday, June 17, 2010

Giving In Generally Isn't My Thing

I caved... For years I swore against ever creating a blog. I guess I never really got the blog-stalking thing and avoided them like the plague. Fine that other people had their own, but I just wasn't going to hop on the band wagon because everyone else was.

So why now? I'm certainly more than a little behind the curve here. It all started when I was searching for new Gluten Free recipes and discovered some AMAZING food blogs. Then I started reading my friends' blogs and soon discovered NieNie, who inspires me to be a better person.

I suppose I've realized since I stopped working nearly a year ago I need a venue for self-expression. Somewhere to channel my creativity. And I guess, too, before I just didn't think I had anything to share...at least that anyone else would find interesting.

Then, I found myself being more and more aware of what I feed my family and have found great recipes to share, all of which just happen to be Gluten Free. I found my muse. Life revolves around food. Even more so when you have small children eating on a schedule, and the distinction of being a Glutard to boot. Why not share my story in the context of what's for dinner, especially when my dietary restrictions have had such a huge impact on my life?

I've set some ground rules for myself so this doesn't turn into something I don't like. It won't be a cook book, a journal, or a brag book about my little family - though that may be difficult being that they are so dang cute, and how perfect our life is. And it certainly won't be a long-winded diatribe of the way I think things should be.

It's just me - what I do, what I cook, my joys, and frustrations. So read it and enjoy...or not.

5 comments:

  1. Tera,
    You are so cool! Love your blog so far.
    I have resisted starting one, but I am happy to read my friends and see what is going on in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tera--totally cool! So why do you not eat gluten? Allergy? And you stalk my blog? Even more totally coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ok I just read that you are gluten intolerant. I am adding you to my links on my blog, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog so far - I'll definitely be stalking!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a glutard! Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm excited to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete