Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beanie anyone? And for a good cause, too!

I think you all know my sister Lesler. I kinda talk about her a lot. Anywhoo...A while back I told you all that she is running the NYC marathon for charity. It's kinda a big deal.

The thing about running for charity is that you have to raise nearly $3000 (yes, that is THREE-THOUSAND-DOLLARS). The marathon is just over FOUR weeks away, and Lesler is only about half way there. What makes this even a little more urgent is that regardless of whether or not Lesler raises the money through donations, she has committed to donate $3000. They have her credit card and will bill her the difference. Gulp. That could be a seriously expensive marathon.

The charity, TeamContinuum, is a great cause. But we all know NPR doesn't offer those "member gifts" for nothing. So, a la NPR, Lesler is sweetening the pot.

Lesler often says she doesn't have a creative bone in her body. Except for knitting. (I know that isn't true). She has knitted everyone in my little family at least one beanie. We LOVE them and wear them often.

She's putting this skill to use and will knit anyone who donates at a certain level a one-of-a-kind hat. Believe me when I tell you they are totally FAB!


There are four hat choices which are completely customizable. Check out her blog for the details.

And hey, even if you don't want a fab hat, make yourself feel good knowing that you helped someone fulfill a dream while helping cancer patients. Everyone wins!

DONATE TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment