Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Boys are Over Rated

For as long as I can remember Sweet Cheeks has had an aversion to boys. Not boys her age. She has lots of friends her age that are boys. Really, it's just boys that are older than her, and not really even grown men.

It's like she has panic attacks when she has to have anything to do with them. At church her teacher had her sons sub a few times, and she was so hysterical that she has to go to another class.

Tonight I attended a church meeting where a nursery was provided for those needing child care. This time the babysitters were a group of seven or so 12-13 year old boys. She immediately went into hysterics and clung to me for dear life. I left her anyway knowing she would be fine, and if she wasn't they would come get me.

When I picked the girls up, Sweet Cheeks was all smiles and so happy to be playing with a room full of boys. Of course there were other kids there, but it was the boys she enjoyed. When we left she giddily said:

"Mama...I really like boys!"

While shaking her hips. And I only wish I could capture the tone of voice. It sounded like she was already boy crazy. Good grief. I'm gonna have my hands full.

--------------------------------------

In other news...I've been on the hunt for new music. Lester has been quite accommodating, as always. But I found a song by the Temper Trap that I fell in love with.

I like to think I find music that is at least a bit off the beaten path, which I thought was the case with this song. Until I heard it in Taco Bell. And then on some random TV advertisement. Silly me for thinking that when it was featured in the movie 500 Days of Summer (good movie, BTW).

Oh well. I still love it.

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I just heard this song on a coke add. I thought to myself, "I've got to download that, I love it!" Off the beaten track or not, it's a good song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! That is so funny! Bobby and Marcus told me that they gave your girls awards for something but I can't remember what. Glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete